Buzzi performs over 5,500 surgical procedures a year – in only three operating rooms! The need is even greater than our waitlists.
In order to be able to intervene quickly and operate on all children who need it, the new Children’s Hospital Wing will house a modern pediatric operating block capable of doubling the surgeries performed.
Buzzi will be home to a large new surgical unit with spacious areas for preparation and reco-very. Technology, professionalism, and humanization come together to save each child.
The median age of our surgical patient is 3 years: we need cutting-edge equipment, designed for everyone, even the youngest patients!
The new operating block contains:
- 5 operating rooms (1 for robotic surgery) 1 operating room for endoscopic surgery
- 1 child-sized, parent-accessible preparation and recovery area
- Technology and a star team for each child
- Surgery covering: general pediatric, urologic, orthopedic, vascular malformation, ophthalmology, dentistry, ear nose and throat, and gynecological.
Every operating room will be outfitted with:
- 1 articulated bed for surgery
- 1 anesthetic and monitoring machine
- 1 electrosurgical unit
- 2 surgical aspirators 4 infusion pumps
All of this is possible at Buzzi if each of us plays our part.
Support the All for One project: give now with a credit card or learn about other ways to donate.