A simple fall from a swing, possible bronchitis, a serious or chronic condition… How many times have we had to bring our children to the hospital for a CAT scan or x-ray?
These diagnostic tools have saved millions of people, but the radiation they emit has been recently discovered to be risky for children’s health. They can even cause cancer!
We want safe and gentle diagnostic imaging for our children!
Radiosensitivity is greatest in neonates and infants.
- Radiation is dangerous particularly when aimed at internal organs, the abdomen, or the head.
- 1 CAT scan irradiates as much as 20-80 x-rays
- 1 out of every 400 children who undergoes a CAT scan develops a tumor.
Today, diagnoses with x-rays can be replaced by benign methods such as ultrasounds or MRIs.
Our dream? To reduce the use of x-rays by 80% over the next three years thanks to cutting-edge technology.
To respond to all emergencies facing our children with “gentle” diagnosis, we need:
- 3 state-of-the-art ultrasound machines with dedicated pediatric transducer
- 1 state-of-the-art MRI machine equipped with pediatric accessories
- 3 years of training for 3 young pediatric radiological specialists
This is a major national campaign of education and prevention for pediatricians and families.
Support the project: give now with a credit card or learn about other ways to donate.